Monday, April 30, 2012

Adoption Update 4/30/2012

Hello Everyone!  I know it has been a while since our last post.  Unfortunately not a lot has happened in regards to the adoption process.  We are still waiting on our homestudy to be approved, also we have to complete several hours of education, so we have been spending alot of our nights reading.  The book we are reading is called "The Connected Child" and it is all about the psychological struggles of children who are adopted.  It has been amazing to learn that there are developmental difficulties even for children that are adopted at birth.  Some of the potential malnourishments, even from the womb, can create subconscious fears in a child as they grow up.  We are learning all about how to recognize, manage and overcome those fears.   It is actually a very interesting book, and I think one that could apply for all children, not just those of an adopted family. 

We also have been truly blessed this past week to receive a few large donations to our cause.  It never ceases to amaze me the generosity of those that love us, and some that have never even met us.  I came into the office last week to make copies of the fundraiser flyers and ran into the ladies that wash our coffee pots for us.  Since I had some with me I figured I would give them a few copies.  One of the ladies was even so nice to invite some friends.  One of her friends is excited about our adoption and wants to contribute.  She can't make the fundraiser, but wanted to know how she could go about donating.  What an amazing woman!  I have not, and probably will never meet her, but she has truly blessed my family!  Thank you so much for all of your continued prayers for fundraising and our baby.  I have a friend who recently raised money for a missions trip.  She blogged several times that she had no idea where the money was going to come from, but was just trusting in God.   I thought I understood how that would feel to see God work that way, but I was clueless.  It is truly amazing to watch Him unfold His plans before your very eyes. 

Thank you and keep praying.  We will see you on the 6th... don't forget the flyer!

No comments:

Post a Comment