Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tomorrow.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
                                                                                                        -Jeremiah 29:11

I get confused when I play chess, movement of my sixteenish pieces versus my competitors just becomes too much for my feeble brain to handle.  The truth is... I get confused playing checkers.  Our God, however, is able to perfectly maneuver the 3.5 billion lives on this planet, in addition to the innumberable people that have been here before us and are yet to come.  There is nothing more beautiful, more miraculous, than seeing God's plan form before you out of what you thought was mere rubble.  A great pastor once said that our lives are like mosaic tiles, all we see is one shade of a jagged ceramic, but our God sees the entire beautiful masterpiece.

When Leah and I were trying to get pregnant in 2007, He knew about her.  When I moved to Chicago in 2008, He knew about her.  When I got sick in 2009, He knew about her.  When we found out I could never father children n 2010, He knew about her.  When Leah miscarried twice, in 2011 and earlier this year, He knew about her.  Tomorrow, let me say that again, because it sounds so beautiful, so miraculous.  Tomorrow, we get to meet her!

-David

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for you guys tomorrow! God is a big God and has great plans and He knows the desire of your hearts!

    ReplyDelete