Thursday, May 24, 2012

The phone call...

A few weeks ago we went to a meeting for waiting families, and one of the Adoptive fathers mentioned that every time his phone rang from a (248) number his heart would skip a beat.  I thought it was a little silly until we became an approved waiting family.  We are in the (248) area code, so just about all of my phone calls come from a (248) area code.  Today, though, it seems that I received 100 phone calls from numbers that weren't stored in my phone, and each one took my breath away.  At about 3:00 this afternoon my hopes were answered as the voice on the other end of the phone was an adoption counselor from Bethany Christian Services.  She was calling to let us know that our adoption book had been shown to a young mother-to-be, and she really liked our book.  There is a lot of paperwork to do before she can officially choose us as adoptive parents, and hopefully in the meantime she won't find someone better.  I will keep you updated as we find out more information, which will hopefully be early next week. 

Thank you so much for all of your prayer over the last several months, and you are not done yet!  Please, please, please keep praying for us, this sweet, young mother, and her baby.  I hope and pray that they are the addition to our family that we have been praying for.

-David

2 comments:

  1. that is very exciting! i hope you hear more news soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! We are happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete